MOVING RELEASING QUESTIONS

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    hilary
    Participant

I use stuff it to distract myself & feel safe. Now I see all the stuff I have used to define me & keep me stuck. The stuff I have used that trigger the I am not good enough without this. The boxes I have kept for 7 years which are empty just incase I move. The stuff I have kept because “maybe someday”. Plus, I am an avid recycler so if I cannot picture it being used by someone else, I keep it! UGH Right now I am clearing my stuff out to sell my place. Yet, I am still filling it up with boxes. I may not sell for 3 to 4 months. The recycling things really gets to me. I know paper is already “dead” material. I just get stuck on what if I NEED this. What if 4 months from now I picture that box, item, of shirt & kick myself for getting rid of it? This is not just about moving. This is what stops me from releasing 2nd layer stuff. Would you give some helpful tips on how to best organize when moving? What is a good attitude to have when you are kicking yourself for getting rid of something or have fear due to the kicking yourself thing? What are some good questions to ask yourself? Also, I am an actress so sometimes there are clothes I “have to have” (or do I) that I personally don’t wear but the character comes up for auditions. I am afraid of regret & ask a lot of fear related What if questions that keep me holding on. Lightbulb, I am having a dysfunctional relationship with stuff. Wow what a revelation. How interesting.  Thank you!

• This topic was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by hilary.
    • This topic was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by Adoley Odunton.
    Adoley Odunton
    Keymaster

Great post, Hilary and we will be covering some of these fears and beliefs over the next couple of weeks.  You have a lot of limiting beliefs that keep you hanging on to your stuff and I will be doing an audio on the topic of limiting beliefs and you will learn how to uncover them.  Most of your limiting beliefs are in your subconscious and you are not even aware of them but they are holding you back.  So, for example.  You have been keeping empty boxes for seven years, and holding stuff in case you need it.  Do some writing in your journal.  Some questions to ask yourself:

1. Why am I holding onto these boxes/these clothes? Write down as many reasons as you can come up with.

a. Because I will need them when I move/Because I might need them for an audition.
    b. Because I might need them in the future.
    Continue with your list

2. What would happen if you got rid of the boxes?/of the clothes? (What are the benefits?)

a. I would have more space in my apartment.
    b. I could put something beautiful in that space.

3. If you had to move, could you find more boxes?/could you go to a thrift store
    and put an outfit together or borrow something from a friend? (Are you resourceful?)

4. Have you ever found empty boxes or clothes at short notice?

5. Would you say you are…/or other people consider you… resourceful?

6. List as many examples of your resourcefulness in life as you can.

7. List all the benefits of getting rid of your boxes and extra stuff.

8. Do the benefits outweigh your reservations and fear?

Explore these questions until you can see that you have the resources
    and intelligence to provide what you need when you need it

9. Am I willing to let these boxes/clothes go?

You have some subconscious fears and beliefs, rooted in childhood,
    like: I am not good enough, I won’t be taken care of, I’m afraid I won’t
    have what I need when I need it.  Spiritually, you do not trust the Universe
    to take care of you. Or fully accept that we live in an abundant Universe
    and that there is more available to you than you can know or imagine.
    We will be addressing those fundamental beliefs over the next few weeks
    too.

Let me know how it goes!

hilary
    Participant

Thank you! That is powerful food for switching it into an adventure & letting in new thoughts & pictures.

Camilla
    Participant

Hi Folks

I’ve been starting to clean out clutter and old stuff no longer needed. Both the old toys and belongings of my two small boys as well as clothes, items and things stuffed into the garage that i didn’t even know was there.

I quite enjoy, cleaning out and also giving away. I just love imagining the things I no longer want or need will be used by someone who might actually enjoy them!!

Sometimes when i feel sad about letting go of something that cost me a lot of money. I use the image of just letting it go and that I have enough to go around.

I am also planning a big move for my whole family in about 6 months, so my plan is to have gone through all rooms, items and things stored in the garage before the next 3 months.

I have many old traumas around moving from childhood, I’m releasing and letting go as emotions surface. It’s not always easy navigating through the myriad of fears and doubts. But it’s a cleaning and healing journey.

I’m hoping by cleaning out, giving away and letting go i will be releasing old thoughts, feelings and traumas to enable me to cope with creating a more smooth and flowing new journey ahead.

This move is about changing my life on so many levels. New country, new language for my kids and me going home to my country of birth.

I will be starting to work again. Creating a new life with my family around. I’m really looking forward as well; Reminding myself to stay focused on the positive emotions around the move.

Much Love

Camilla

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.